Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Nati

We're fortunate to have a place to take some time off the road and get some reprieve from this years brutal winter storms. Holed up in Cincinnati for the last several weeks, with Brookes family keeping a roof over our heads and food in our bellies. Their seemingly endless love and generosity leaves me in need of nothing and filled with gratitude. I've also relied on the kindness of another to pass the time here in Cincinnati.  After being introduced to Jim (thanks Ross) he didn't hesitate to offer me full access to his woodshop and anything in it, providing me a creative outlet and companionship. Also a big thanks to all the amazing people at Enzo's.  I've been working on a Greene and Greene inspired coffee table for Brooke's sister Brittany and her fiance Mark. After they came to me with a couple ideas of what they wanted, they were kind enough to give me creative freedom.  I'm working on the final details and hope to have some pictures to post soon.  
In the coming days as we prepare for our trip to Hawaii, we can look forward to a few final adventures. In particular, I'm looking forward to visiting "the bourbon trail", a string of bourbon distilleries in Kentucky.  On the list are Jim Beam, Woodford, Makers Mark and Wild Turkey to name a few, no doubt this will be a glorious day. 


The creepiness of the looming figures on the shops ceiling fades with time.

1 comment:

  1. Just passing through to catch up, miss you guys! Good to see your doing well.

    ReplyDelete